Speaker: Craig Johnson
Title: Reaching the Forgotten: Developing and Launching a Special Needs Ministry
- Facts about Special Needs and Ministry
- 1 in 51 kids are being diagnosed with Autism in America.
- Less than 1% of churches have a special needs ministry.
- Special needs is very hidden and there is a lack of awareness.
- Divorce rate is much higher in parents who have a child with special needs
- Huge financial burdens hit families who have kids with special needs
- Designing a Special Needs Ministry
- Goal #1- We need to help these children to be everything God has purposed them to be.
- Special needs rooms need to be multi-sensory
- Never reject a chld with special needs
- You are Giants of the Faith
- When you launch a special needs program, you are a giant who allows others to stand on your shoulders.
- We must not look at what our cause is, but who our cause is.
- Passion is more powerful when there is a name and a face to it.
Link to Champions Club information (Special Needs Ministry at Lakewood Church):